Thursday, May 6, 2010

Who's 40 Baby!

Well, I officially turned the big 4-0 yesterday and while we aren't having my birthday/housewarming party until Saturday and Jeff had to work late, we planned to go out for a cinco de mayo mexican dinner as I was craving some good mexican food. Bad idea - 2 hour wait at the restaurant with a toddler - not happening! So we ended up at a nearby place that was blaring Gloria Estafan music and had so-so food (kinda cinco de mayo, right?) No pics to document the dinner, just as well but here our some others from the day.

The picture above is from the day before my birthday as my mom sent this scrumptious birthday cake the day before my birthday and we couldn't wait to try it. Is that bad?

I thought my gifts were over with my early presents but I also got an iPad from Jeff. I know, I know I am soooo spoiled. Here's a video of Iris enjoying one of the apps with swimming koi that you can startle by touching the screen and rippling the water. I don't know who likes it more, it is pretty cool!



The night concluded with my favorite girl trying her best to snuggle up around my growing belly on the rocking chair (a family heirloom given to us by Teri) as we read bedtime stories. Can't think of a better ending to the day.:











2 comments:

Sarah said...

you're belly's looking good!!! how's the mexican food in michigan!!

Clare Contemplates Madeleine's Musings said...

Happy Birthday!! Love the cuddly pictures with Iris.