Monday, September 16, 2013

Miles Starts Preschool!

What a difference it makes having a big sister who already goes to school to look up to!  Miles was so excited to get to go to his own class.  We ran into his teachers in the office at school when we were turning in some paperwork this summer and he already made brownie points by giving unsolicited  hugs.
Miles for his preschool orientation day.  Lucky we got a picture this day because on his real first day he covered his eyes and refused to take a photo on the steps.

Walking with our new neighbors. 

I think its funny that both he and Erin wore their backpacks even though they didn't need them because that's just what the big kids do.  They both packed toys in theirs.
We have the same blocks at home but this is what Miles chose to play with.  He built the exact structure that is shown on the picture :)

Getting the backpack on for his real first day last week.  I made the bow tie applique for his t-shirt.  Too much??  The preschool coordinator told him that she liked his shirt and he said "When I looked in the mirror, I smiled". Good enough for me.

Holding hands with Erin.

His other lady friend, Sarah.  They kinda match.
Miles zoomed right in to class without a care or glance back and was completely glassy-eyed when I picked him up a few hours later, jabbered a mile a minute and then took a big nap.  That's my guy!  While he was at school I had a nice long brunch with a few other mom's!!

No comments: