Thursday, October 2, 2008

Late Sept. back in Tucson!

Whew! We've been really busy since getting back home from our Michigan Trip. We had a visit
with Iris' great grandpa Ray and Helen. Shortly after arriving back in Tucson we celebrated our 3 year anniversary and Iris' 3 month birthday with a hike at Sabino Canyon. Then the following weekend I hosted a bachelorette party on the town for Elizabeth. This proved to be a rough night for us as Iris would not take a bottle from Jeff while I was gone and cried the whole time. Thus I came home for a few hours until she went to bed then rejoined my friends downtown again to close up the bars in matron of honor duty and play designated driver (I was the only sober one!). The next weekend was the big event, Elizabeth & Mike's wedding. It was beautiful and very personal with a Polish and Scottish twist! Iris was awesome that day! She didn't make a peep at the wedding, nursed as if on our schedule, and danced the night away in good spirits. Now things are more back to normal as we settle into a routine (and get caught up on blogging). Iris even found her thumb the other day and looked like a little linus hugging her froggie and sucking her thumb. I swear she is cuter each passing day and is now a healthy 16 3/4 pounds at just under 3-1/2 months (this puts her above the 95 percentile for weight for her age - somewhere around the average size of a 5 month-old)!
















2 comments:

riley said...

wow, Lisa, she really looks like you in picture #5!

Jeff and Lisa said...

She does kinda look like Lisa in that picture... to get her to smile like that I just had to sing the song "Tequila".

Thanks for leaving comments!