Saturday, May 23, 2009

May '09

Hi everyone!

Well, if you've seen the previous post, you know that Iris is walking now. The first precious, wobbly steps were taken a few days before Mother's Day and within the last few days she has gotten quite proficient. Yesterday, she surprised us by walking while pushing her stroller all around the Center for Creative Photography museum. This new-found skill has made her quite happy and proud of herself - shooting you a big grin after each endeavor. May also brought the Taurean birthdays of me and my dad along with my first Mother's Day. We spent a weekend in Phoenix and had our first night out alone while my parents watched Iris. This left us free to have a couple brewskies and catch up on grown-up conversation like talking about Iris (partially true)!

Here's Iris during our long wait for a table for brunch on Mother's Day (in hindsight, probably not our best idea but she did pretty well and entertained us by venturing out walking across the concrete patio).


















This is a favorite I like to call "Carrots con Crazy Bed-Head Hair"

















Laundry day and fun at the dog park:
























Curtsey to you:























Opening an early birthday gift from Grandma & Grandpa Lucking - a Radio Flyer Walker Wagon. (Grandma wanted her to get a chance to use it before she was totally independently walking.) She loves it and pushes it all over the house and climbs in and out of it! This also brought the first of many to come toy assembly sessions for dad - the gift that keeps giving!








3 comments:

giggins said...

Love the new pix.
We just got back from Higgins. Had a warm'n sunny weekend there with 19 other Hoffmans. Just enough beds. Lake was about 58, so ... too cold for mortals. Didn't stop us tho. With no 4th July holiday forthcoming, we tried to make the summery most of it. Good mexicano meal. Your obligatory pancake b'fast. A Frye HS grad party on the beach was fun, complete with a local blooooz band (church dudes). All in all, very satisfactory. Too bad your mum wasn't there.
- m

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone! It's Allison! Its been a while since I've checked the website, but I finally got around to it. Everyone has been saying Iris can crawl, stand, and say a couple words. I wish I had a webcam to see for myself, but I will see you guys next week so thats okay. I can't wait for your visit! Also, I wanted to say happy birthday to Iris! The first birthday is a real milestone, for her and for you! It will be fun watching her eat cake. When I had my first cake I ate it crumb by crumb...which might explain my slow and small bites I take now... It seems like the year she has been alive went by so fast(partially because we don't see each other much). When I heard about Iris being born I was at camp, and my mom sent me an email telling me about her. It was the best news I had gotten all week! Anyway I was just thinking about you all and wanted to leave a comment (a long comment)because I haven't talked to you in a while. See you next week! Happy bday Iris!!!
-Allison :)

Jeff and Lisa said...

Hi Allison, thanks for posting a comment! It's so nice to hear from you. I know Iris is going to be excited to see you. As you can see from the new pictures, she is walking really well now and starting to say a lot more words. I'm so glad we'll be seeing everyone in just a week. She'll probably be a little shy at first, but she gets over it pretty quickly.

It really is hard to believe that a year has already gone by, although it does seem like a long time since we've been back there. Thanks for the b-day wishes, and we can't wait to see you!

Jeff