So, we've made it to 39-1/2 weeks and we are ready to welcome this new baby!
Since ~ 36 weeks I developed this uncommon pregnancy rash called PUPPPS (~1% of women get it - yeah me!). It is not detrimental to me or the baby except for being extremely itchy and annoying. Typically if it is bothersome enough people get steroid injections to control it. I didn't want to do that and my midwife suggested dandelion root tea (should have kept those weeds in my yard afterall) & pine tar soap (smells like the campfire you might expect) and camphor lotion. It took me from waking up every hour and a half scratching like crazy to almost gone in about 5 days. So now I just have this maintenance regime to stay that way and supposedly it will be gone ~ 2 weeks after having the baby.
Here's a picture that Jeff thought we needed to document it from when the rash was more red.
Reading a new book
Reading a new bookMy mom arrived on Monday and brought with her a heat wave of upper 90 degree temperatures. Combined with the humidity it limited some of our activities. We all had an impromptu cooling off when we watered the grass:
Sprinkler Victory Yell:

We've had fun showing my mom around our new city, going to the library and here she and Iris planted some flowers by the front entry (I could get used to all this help):


Iris makes Grandma something in her kitchen everyday. The specialty of the house is what she calls "eggs" which are actually her green peppers. Perhaps Dr. Seuss inspired Green Eggs:


2 comments:
Can't wait to see the post of the little guys arrival!!! Get out of her belly.
Spinklers are fun!!
I'm getting itchy just thinking about it!
Post a Comment