Wednesday, March 6, 2013

BFF's Reunite!

I've been saying I was going to do it but I finally went ahead and did it.  I made my first trip out to California for a long weekend to see my best friend in the whole wide world, Kris.  To top it off this was my very first time away from the kids overnight since oh well, ever.  So for anyone who is counting that's four years, eight months and some odd days!

These are some photobooth shots of us from college I think.  We always had the best time together.  KrisandLisa, LisaandKris like it was one word.  Even the flight out was kind of fun, a little break to be responsible for no one but yourself.  Kris met me at the airport and I was cracking up right away as we both had the exact same baseball jersey shirt on, only in different colors.  Some things never change.  Even though we live far apart if I met her tomorrow I would think who is that cool chick and we would still be friends!

As dumb luck would have it, Kris had come down with a bug a couple days before I got there.  She is a trooper though and took some medicine went to bed early and was ready to go and show me the sights.  I knew she was starting to feel worse at the end of my trip, in fact she saw the doctor the day I left and I just learned she has pneumonia.  She never complained or slowed down.  I'm hoping she's on the mend since oh yeah, she's also moving into her new house this Friday!  Now if that isn't a good friend, I don't know what is.  We had a great time and lots of laughs and I know she would do it all over again cause that is just how she is.  Love ya!




Ladies on the loose on the drive up to Napa Valley.  Can you feel the excitement?

At dinner.  Leisurely meals are seriously the most lovely luxury!
Mimosas and breakfast at our hotel overlooking the vineyard
Kris

At Peace Square in San Francisco.  This is the fourth attempt at this photo as apparently Kris was blinded from the reflection off my camera lens.

Photobooth shots we got in Japantown.  It's like part photobooth, part video game all with crazy Japanese music in the background!
Her boys Owen and Oliver about five minutes before leaving for school.  Apparently this is normal.
Went for a hike our last morning up to a little waterfall


Pretty!


Best friends forever!!!
 Thanks to Jeff and Garth for watching the kiddos for both of us!

No comments: