It has only been since Christmas time that we saw my parents but this was our first trip back to Arizona since our move almost a year ago. What we came for, after friends and family of course, was the Arizona sunshine. It was mostly in the mid-upper 60's but sunny which was perfect weather for being out and about as us Midwesterners like to say.
Here's Iris enjoying such a day in my parents' backyard.

Well, traveling with an infant and a toddler was both easier and harder than we expected. We had lots and lots of outings and really pushed the limits. The result was a lots of fun and a few meltdowns from a toddler who shall remain nameless. But everyone slept great despite being sick and schlepped all around. Miles even started sleeping a solid 11+ hours at night the week before we left and continued throughout the trip with only a couple exceptions. Can you hear the angels singing? I can't, I'm soundly sleeping zzzzzzz-zz.
So my mom had a party the day after we arrived and here is Miles sizing up his Great Grandpa at their first meeting 

Love the hat Gramps! I wish Miles' fedora still fit. Helen cannot resist coming in for a tickle.

Great Aunt Clare

My Uncle's new sugarglider pets. Cute yes, but before you run out and get one they can run close to a grand, if you take them outside they are gone and yes they pee and poo wherever they want to.
Iris petting a small goat at the Phoenix Zoo.
Iris petting a small goat at the Phoenix Zoo.
We got first pick of animals on the carousel. Initially we were on an eagle, then a shark and finally I convinced Iris to go for the dragon as it was by far the coolest. And isn't that what childhood is really all about - being cool? I mean c'mon look at it!

Reading with Grandma

Clip of Miles his first time swinging. Somehow it just hadn't happened previously.
"The Real Situation"
When Iris was taking a bath with Miles she asked "What are those lines?" pointing at Miles' tummy. Abs of milk, baby!

Making a circuit at the Science Museum with Daddy
Iris has gotten really good at playing with other kids. I used to think she was a little shy but she now regularly asks to other kids if she can play with them as she did at the museum. She always talks a mile a minute to them and doesn't seem to notice if they say nothing in return as happened a few times that day.
Getting blown away by columns of air (I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to climb on the exhibit but that's how we roll)
Get your motor running 
Miles getting his real motor revved up:
Our last low key day hanging out at the park with Grandpa
Me with the kids (I'm not sure why we decided this rattlesnake head was the great photo op)
3 comments:
All the girls have been to the Phoenix zoo within a month of each other!!
True. And I think all of them have a picture petting that same black goat!!!
LOL abs of milk!
Post a Comment