Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Miles Babbles

Miles finally started babbling with consonants last weekend.
We were just finishing dinner when we heard a "Mama, Mama". I asked Jeff if he had heard what I heard and after confirmation, I reached over to the camera on the counter and immediately got a video of his first babbling. These are the first consonants he has used and he spit out a string of them from mama, to baba, dada and gaga. I guess he had been saving them up. The hand twirling is something he does when he's excited.
He was ready for bed in the video and balancing on the shaky border between laughing and crying. At any rate his first word was recorded as "Mama" and Iris' first word was "Daddy" so we are even steven. Funny, they were both a little late with the babbling at over 7 months but Iris was a pretty early talker after that so we'll keep our fingers crossed.
The video is kind of long as he just kept babbling so we kept on rolling. Yeah Miles!!!

2 comments:

Clare Contemplates Madeleine's Musings said...

So cute. I love the smiles he gives back when you praise him. He's a cutie!!

Chuck and Linda said...

Sounded like Grandpa to me....